Constitutional Libertarianism

Constitutional Libertarianism

Saturday, May 4, 2013

What am I?

In response to the question "What are you?" referring to political/ideological affiliation, I say "I am a citizen".

I am not a republican, democrat, libertarian, progressive, conservative, liberal, et al...

I vote based on my own thinking, my own decisions, my own choices.

I vote for the candidate I think is the best suited to do the job, not the one who is affiliated with some group that corrals people.

I believe that the Constitution and Bill of Rights is the last word on the subject.  No person or group is above the law.  No person or group is beyond the scope of the law.

I believe the Constitution and Bill of Rights is directed at individual citizens, NOT groups or classes of people.

It is the responsibility of each individual to be informed and to accept the responsibility for their choices and decisions.

I do not expect the government to rescue me, to save me from myself or to protect me when I am perfectly capable to do so for myself.

I do not expect the government to do anything "for" me.   I do expect the federal government, which has been limited in it's powers by the Constitution, to stay out of the way of the individual citizens and the states.

 I see elected representatives as people who are doing a duty for their country and should not be elevated in status or placed in a separate class that follows a different set of rules from the rest of the people.  This is similar to doing such duty a serving in the military, or being a member of a volunteer fire dept. etc...

 What am I?   I am a citizen of the U.S. of A.

No comments:

Post a Comment