Constitutional Libertarianism

Constitutional Libertarianism

Sunday, July 2, 2017

Doing libertarianism

I don't care what you personally think, feel, or believe.  It doesn't matter if I care and those things about you don't matter as much as what we actually do.

Of course those things are important personally to you, as mine are to me.  But those things take backseat to the actions we take.  Obviously our actions can and are influenced by our thinking, our feelings and our beliefs.  However, we being people have the ability to our personal considerations aside and actually do things that may not reflect them.

Being objective is being able to see past your personal preferences and influencers.  It's being able to understand that it's not all about you.  Either pushing what you want on others or that everything others do is personally specific to you.

Now I'm not saying you don't have to or shouldn't care about others.  I am saying that what any one person thinks, says, feel, etc... is not more important or valuable necessarily than any other individual.

It's more about what we do.  I can say I believe in God.  Great, wonderful.  Yay me.  That doesn't have to mean anything to anyone else.  Just because I believe doesn't mean anyone else should have to.  What do I do about my belief?  I mostly keep it to myself.  I do not vote or try to make others believe the same thing or follow my belief related practices.

See what I mean here?  I do keep my personal beliefs to myself and I do exercise self control by not trying to make others through, force, intimidation, coercion, etc to believe, think, feel about it the same way I do.

I can offer to educate and make a persuasive argument to anyone sufficiently willing to have such a discussion.  I cannot make others follow my personal beliefs.

You don't have to care what I think, feel or believe.  You might just be able to appreciate the things I do to respect individual liberty and freedom though.

No comments:

Post a Comment