Constitutional Libertarianism

Constitutional Libertarianism

Tuesday, August 9, 2016

Barter is Better

I have no faith in "money".

I don't care what kind of money it is.  I don't even trust bitcoin.

Why?  Mostly because it boils down to someone else trying to tell me what I should find valuable.  Other people, groups, businesses, governments, pre-determine the value of money before you even see it.  That includes bitcoin.

Barter however, let's me decide what is valuable to me.  You may find something not very valuable because you have no use for it.  I may see that thing you have no need or want for and think it is the very thing I have been looking for.

I may be willing to barter or trade something I have, make or do that you find valuable in order to have that thing you do not think of as valuable as I do and call it fair.

I decide what is valuable to me.  You decide what is valuable to you.  No one else is involved.

Only barter allows for that.  Money does not.  It cannot.  It's value has already been determined.

I tolerate money because it is the currency of society.  Yet I barter every chance I can.  That way I get to decide exactly what I think is a fair value for myself.




No comments:

Post a Comment