Constitutional Libertarianism

Constitutional Libertarianism

Monday, January 28, 2013

Because We Are Americans

To be free is to live unshackled, unconfined, unimprisoned, unrestrained.

To have liberty is to make your own decisions, to have no person, group or government telling you how to live your live.

Our Constitution makes sure that no one can take these things from you, however nothing stops you from giving these things away.

Whenever we use freedom and liberty as a bargaining chip for security and feeling safe, you give away the very things that ensure your security from slavery and tyranny.

We have not known slavery and tyranny for many tears in this country.  It has been hard fought for and hard won and in some places and ways, the battle still continues.

We have not known tyranny in this country for even longer, though many factions continue to make the effort for the few to control the many.

Read the founding documents of this country.  This country was not founded so that the government would do everything for us.  This government was founded so that we would be able to do for ourselves as a free, self determined people can and should do.

We, as Americans, have the greatest power in the world in our Constitution and with that power comes responsibility to make sure that we all have that power, that no one tries to interfere with that power.

We, as Americans, have the ability to think and do for ourselves.  To be the person we want to be,  to make the living we want to live, that carries risks.  We take those risks every day.

Now we want to trade our liberties and freedoms for security from those risks.   We have people who would rather live in a gilded cage and feel safe instead of accepting responsibility for themselves and what they do. 

These people would not only imprison themselves, but everyone else as well, in order to avoid responsibility from the risks of their lives and to feel safe.

Do not sell yourselves or others out for a false feeling of security.

Those that are selling you that "safety" cannot guarantee what they offer.  They are selling you an empty box knowing that they cannot guarantee safety, they cannot guarantee security or comfort or an easy life.

They are liars and deceivers and traitors to our way of life.  Don't let them steal or trick out of you what they know they cannot forcefully take.

When someone threatens your freedom and liberty,  I will stand up to defend you.  When they come for one of, they must face all of us.  If they if they try to take your independence, we must stand together to take it back.

I do my own thing,  I live my own life, I go where I will go and I do what I will do.  I am my own person and I am an American.

When you fall,  I will help you up because I choose to, not because I have to  When you need help, I will help you because I choose to, not because someone makes me.

When our own turn on us,  I will fight beside you because when they try to take your freedom and liberty, they will try to take mine next unless we fight them shoulder to shoulder and send them back

because we are Americans.

1 comment: