Constitutional Libertarianism

Constitutional Libertarianism

Friday, November 11, 2011

What does "Independent" mean to me.

I am Independent.

I live in a country where the Constitution gives each individual person, not parties , companies, hives or gangs, rights and freedom.

I believe we are a country of individuals sharing a place where we come together in agreement to respect each other enough to share common goals and boundaries so as to be able to live among each other as peaceably as possible.

I believe our Constitution is meant for a person to do their duty by stepping up to serve as a representative to our shared government.  Then that person is thanked and goes back to his or her life.  Not enjoy a new life as a member of a protected ruling class.

I do not believe that corporations are people.  People are people, something is wrong with our society when status of being a "person" is conferred to a non-living entity for the sake of money.

 I do not believe in false nationalism.  America is only something to be proud of as long as the people are living in a way to be proud of.

America is not "Free" unless every individual is free.

I believe one person's rights end where the next person's begins.

I believe the "greater good" is one which ensures each and every person's right to live as they choose is respected.

This country was not formed for a "Greater Good", it was formed to allow individual persons to live their their own lives as they choose for themselves.  Freely and without being determined or controlled by a government, religion, group or person.

My rights are my rights, your rights are your rights.  That might mean we have something in common, but it does not mean we are joined at the hip.

Choosing to be neighborly, charitable, and friendly are good things if one chooses to act so toward others.  It is something altogether different when it is imposed or assumed upon you by others to do so.  It cheapens them, demeans them and makes them a task rather than the freely given gifts they are supposed to be.

I am an Independent.  I think for myself,  I speak for myself and I take action for myself. 


I will defend those rights for myself and for you to do it for yourself to my last dying breath.

I will not live my life for you though.   I will not ask you to do so for me.

I am a free, independent person and I will stand side by side with other free, independent people to preserve that.

No comments:

Post a Comment